Due to the system's size and processing demands, the integrated FOS and PSS won't work on the existing handheld terminal unit (HTU) and lightweight computer unit (LCU).
What does HTU stand for?
HTU stands for Handheld Terminal Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HTU
We have 27 other meanings of HTU in our Acronym Attic
- Hail to the Thief (Radiohead album)
- Heir to the Throne (Wesnoth game campaign)
- High Tech Test Track (France)
- High Temperature Turbine Technology
- Hayden Table Tennis Training Center (Williamsburg, MI)
- Helicopter Transportable Tactical Vehicle
- Hypnotized Tour Television
- Haste to the Wedding (Corrs song)
- Happy Trails to You
- How to Train Your Dragon (movie)
- Handheld Thermal Unit
- Hate You
- HDSL Terminal/Transmission Unit
- Helicopter Training Unit (US Navy aviation unit designation used in from 1950 to 1957)
- Hispanic Theological Union
- Hourly Thermal Unit
- How to Universe
- Hundreds, Tens and Units (mathematics)
- Huston-Tilostson University (Austin, TX)
- Hydrodynamic Test Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dear Editor, It's not unusual to run into handheld terminal units (HTU) that have defective batteries that cause them to not; operate properly or at all.
manufactures the Handheld Terminal Unit and Remote Operator Unit under license at their Hope Hull, Alabama and Springfield, Vermont facilities.
During this internal battery transformation, we cross-leveled several mission-essential items, including handheld terminal units (HTUs), battery computer systems (BCS), firing charts, OE-254 antennas and advanced system improvement program (ASIP)/FM radios.
2 million for production of 23 of its new generation, three-pound, book-size computers called Handheld Terminal Units (HTU).
Team Gold operated a fully automated FDC using the handheld terminal unit (HTU) with battery computer system (BCS) software and maintained a manual back up.
The battery FDCs exclusive use of dual handheld terminal units (HTUs) for fire mission processing instead of the advanced FA tactical data system (AFATDS) further reinforced this plan.
Specifically, the handheld terminal unit (HTU) and forward observer software (FOS) link to the lightweight computer unit (LCU) require continuous troubleshooting for most crews.