Matching the iris code is based on the Hamming distance measuring the fraction of the corresponding bits of two disagreeing binary vectors.
What does HamD stand for?
HamD stands for Hamming Distance
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HamD
We have 1 other meaning of HamD in our Acronym Attic
- Houston-Area Molecular Biophysics Program (collaborative graduate program with biophysics faculty from six Houston-area, TX, universities)
- Houston Area Mountain Bike Riders Association (Texas)
- Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Company (aka Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation; China)
- Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation (China)
- Heart of America Medical Center (Rugby, ND)
- Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club
- High and Mighty Color (band)
- Housing Authority of Maricopa County (Phoenix, AZ)
- Hispanic and Asian Marketing Communication Research
- Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression
- Helicopter Ambulance Medical Detachment
- Hearing Aid Malfunction Detection Unit
- Heart of America Miniature Equine (Illinois; horse club)
- Hellenic Association of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers (Athens, Greece)
- Haibei Alpine Meadow Ecosystem Research Station (Northwest Plateau Institute of Biology; Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Hawaii Aquaculture Module Expert System (Center for Tropical and Subtropical Aquaculture; University of Hawaii; Honolulu, HI)
- High Altitude Mountain Environmental Training Strategy (US Army)
- Ham Radio Festival (Amateur Radio)
- Housing Urban Development Area Median Family Income
- Human Autocrine Motility Factor Receptor
Samples in periodicals archive:
The idea of network operation consists in the determination of the Hamming distance from the tested image to all samples.
The Euclidean square distance coincides with the Lee distance and the Hamming distance over [Z.
We study the Hamming distance from polynomials to classes of polynomials that share certain properties of irreducible polynomials.
For analysis of the whole datasets, Hamming distances (equivalent to p-distance) were used because some of the families were so diverse that using a substitution model was not possible.
The performance of the evolutive algorithm will depend on the definition of a computationally efficient metric for this problem; since the Haussdorff distance may be inefficient for computational purposes, we have considered the simple Hamming distance instead, obtaining satisfactory results.