The research team including four faculty members and 15 undergraduate students from the biology and mathematics departments engineered the DNA of Escherichia coli bacteria and created bacterial computers capable of solving a classic mathematical problem known as the Hamiltonian Path Problem.
What does HPP stand for?
HPP stands for Hamiltonian Path Problem (graph theory)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPP
We have 185 other meanings of HPP in our Acronym Attic
- High Pressure Oxidizer Turbopump (SSME)
- High Pressure Oxygen Turbopump
- Hunter Plant Operator Training School Ltd. (Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia)
- Houston Police Officers Union (Texas)
- Hewlett Packard Open View
- Honolulu Program of Waste Energy Recovery
- High Pressure Oxygen
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Historic Preservation Overlay Zone
- C++ Header File Extension
Samples in periodicals archive:
Adleman used his DNA computer to solve the Hamiltonian Path problem that most of us likely encountered in junior high or high school math class.
[CHART OMITTED] Mathematically, this is known as the directed Hamiltonian path problem, and it serves as a surrogate for a wide variety of practical computational problems.