Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome is characterized by iron deposition in the globus pallidus, red nuclei and substantia nigra.
What does HSS stand for?
HSS stands for Hallervorden-Spatz Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HSS
We have 295 other meanings of HSS in our Acronym Attic
- Healthy Start Reimbursement Unit (UK)
- Hierarchical Structure of Risk and Uncertainty
- Home Shopping Research Unit
- HotStocksRUs.com (website)
- Hydra-Safe Robotic Unit
- Huron Shores Regional Utility Authority (Michigan)
- High Shear Rate Viscosity
- Hospital-Specific Relative Value (weighting methodology)
- Haemonetics Software Solutions (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Hallermann-Streiff Syndrome
- Hardware Support Specialist
- Harmonic Suppression System (Harmonics Limited)
- Hash Slinging Slasher (Spongebob Squarepants)
- Hawaiian South Shore (Honolulu, HI)
- Headquarters Support Squadron (US DoD)
- Headquarters Support System
- Health and Social Services (various locations)
- Health and Sport Sciences (various universities)
- Health and Support Services
- Health Screening System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Siobhan Green, 16, who is one of only 15 children in the UK with incurable Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome, struggles to walk a yard and can barely speak.
The teenager, one of only 15 children in the UK within curable Hallervorden-Spatz syndrome, trains with her father Derek.