In its eighth season, Halifax Summer Opera Workshop looked like an opera festival, with three shows of six fully staged operas performed by a cast of over 60 singers.
What does HSOW stand for?
HSOW stands for Halifax Summer Opera Workshop (Canada)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- High-Spin Open-Shell
- Hollywood Symphony Orchestra Society (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Huairou Solar Observing Station (China)
- High-Spin Open-Shell - Coupled Cluster Single Discharge
- Historical Society of Sarasota County (Florida)
- Humane Society of Smith County (Tyler, TX)
- High Subsonic Optical Tracked
- Highly Scattering Optical Transmission
- Hill Samuel Offshore Trust Company
- Humanitarian Support Over the Shore
- Hot Skitty on Wailord Action (Pokémon)
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Harry Potter series)
- Humane Society of Yuma (Arizona)
- Habitat Stewardship Program (Canada)
- Haleakala Stokes Polarimeter
- Half-Shade Plate
- Half-Sine Pulse
- Half-Spectrum Property
- Hamburger Schreib-Probe (German writing sample diagnostic)
- Harcourt School Publishers (est. 1919; Orlando, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Providing performing opportunities for young singers and students, Halifax Summer Opera Workshop has largely presented professional-standard productions over the past five years.
Halifax Summer Opera Workshop produced two operas written two centuries apart for its 2008 season--The Consul by Gian Carlo Menotti and Le nozze di Figaro by Mozart.