With fifteen years of corporate banking experience Liddell has spent most of his career as an employee of Halifax Bank of Scotland.
What does HBOS stand for?
HBOS stands for Halifax Bank of Scotland
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 6 other meanings of HBOS in our Acronym Attic
- Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen-Carrying Solution
- Hudson's Bay Oil and Gas Company, Limited (est. 1929; Canada)
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution (Florida)
- Het Begon Op Klompen (Dutch: It Started on Clogs; Dutch football club)
- Honey Bunches of Oats (breakfast cereal)
- Home Box Office Plus (East) (pay cable network)
- Home Box Office Plus West
- Handboek Beheer Openbare Ruimte (handbook for maintenance of public space)
- Hays Board of Realtors (Hays, KS)
- Honours Bachelor of Outdoor Recreation (Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada)
- Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal (Hellenic business owners group; Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment
- Handbook of the Birds of the World
- Hacienda Business Park (California)
- Hagerstown Bookbinding and Printing (Hagerstown, MD)
- Half Blood Prince (Harry Potter book)
- Harbor Bay Parkway (Alameda, CA)
- Harvard Botany Page
- Harvard Business Publishing (est. 1994)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also argues that the financial crisis that led to two major Scottish banks, Royal Bank of Scotland and Halifax Bank of Scotland.
Lloyds was ravaged by its 2008 government-brokered takeover of Halifax Bank of Scotland.
uk Lloyds Banking Group (LSE: LLOY) (NYSE: LYG) is planning to sell stakes held by Halifax Bank of Scotland in more than 60 British companies, to strengthen its capital base after its rescue takeover of HBOS, The Financial Times has reported.
Who: Sir Victor Blank Why: The chairman of Lloyds TSB yesterday helped win over the bank's shareholders into accepting its rescue of ailing rival Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS).
THE leader of the Scottish Lib Dems last night called on the board of Halifax Bank Of Scotland to resign over their "scaremongering" tactics.
In what Prime Minister Gordon Brown called an "unprecedented but essential" agreement, the Government announced it would take 'significant' stakes in Royal Bank of Scotland, Lloyds TSB and Britain's biggest mortgage lender, Halifax Bank of Scotland.
Byline: By Matt Dickinson TROUBLED banking group Halifax Bank of Scotland is continuing today with "advanced talks" over a potential takeover by rival Lloyds TSB.