31) Both Zanmi Lasante and the Haitian Health Foundation include education and economic empowerment as part of their mission and practice (Judy Lewis, Haitian Health Foundation, Personal communication, January 2012).
What does HHF stand for?
HHF stands for Haitian Health Foundation (Norwich, CT)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HHF
We have 29 other meanings of HHF in our Acronym Attic
- Hopeful Haven Equine Rescue Organization (Shreveport, LA, USA)
- Healthy Hospital Employee Survey (Canada)
- Hermon Hutchens Elementery School (Alaska)
- Home Health Education Service
- Housing and Household Economic Statistics
- Huckleberry Hill Elementary School (Brookfield, CT)
- Hand-Held Electrical Tool
- Health Horizons of East Texas, Inc.
- Human Hybrid Electric Vehicle (design team)
- Heads of Higher Education Wales (UK)
- HandHeld File Format
- HappyHour Films
- Hard House Federation
- Hardest-Hit Fund (financial assistance program; various locations)
- Harmony Hall Fukui (concert hall; Fukui, Japan)
- Heinz-Harald Frentzen (racing)
- High-Heat Flux
- Historic Hawaii Foundation (Honolulu, HI)
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- Human Highlight Film (sports)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is also involved in charities such as the Haitian Health Foundation, the Pulmonary Vascular Research Institute and Odessey, a cancer charity.
Bette Gebrian, director of public health for Haitian Health Foundation in rural Jeremie and a registered nurse with a doctorate in medical anthropology, says Haitian culture relies on women as the "holders of the fabric of society.
DDS, MS, MPH, Connecticut, USA, established The Haitian Health Foundation, and has provided medical services and community development assistance to more than 200,000 people in rural villages and slums in Haiti.
resident who founded the Haitian Health Foundation providing health care, food, development and the hope of a future to the poor of southwestern Haiti, especially the malnourished children.
Jeremiah Lowney, USA: As founder of the Haitian Health Foundation (HHF), Lowney originally visited Haiti to perform orthodontic work, but quickly saw the need to provide more comprehensive health-care services for the region's extremely poor families.