Open-formula, fishmeal-free trout feeds, developed by ARS fish physiologist Rick Barrows at the Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station in Hagerman, Idaho, and by his colleagues, result in fish performance equal to that obtained with current industry-standard diets containing much higher levels of fishmeal.
What does HFCES stand for?
HFCES stands for Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station (University of Idaho)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Honey Falls Community Concert Band (Honey Falls, NY)
- Hands-Free Communication Device
- High Frequency Communications Division
- High-Frequency Colour Doppler
- Homo-Oligomeric Flavin-Containing Cys Decarboxylase
- Housekeeping and Fabric Care Department (US NIH)
- Household Final Consumption Expenditure
- Human Fetal Cell Extract
- Human Foreskin Capillary Endothelial
- Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Investment and Trade Expo (annual conference)
- Helical Flux Compression Generator
- Halifax Fish Community Health (Florida)
- Holy Family Catholic High School (Victoria, MN)
- H.323 Firewall Control Interface
- Hawaii Forestry and Communities Initiative
- Historic Fairfax City, Inc. (Virginia)
- Household Faecal Contamination Index
- How Flipping Cool Is That
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells and Infrastructure Technologies
- Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Infrastructure Technologies Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
2673: -- $50,000,000 added in conference for an indoor rain forest in Coralville, Iowa; -- $1,000,000 added by the Senate for the Alaska SeaLife Center; -- $653,000 added by the Senate to study rainbow trout at the University of Idaho's Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station in Aberdeen; -- $500,000 added in conference for the Hawaii Community Foundation for the Samoan/Asian Pacific Job Training Program; -- $500,000 added in conference for the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay to establish a paper science technology transfer center; -- $300,000 added by the House to assist in creating a database of North Carolina's agricultural industry to enable a rapid response to acts of terrorism; -- $270,000 added by the House for cotton quality in Clemson, S.
Rick Barrows is with the USDA-ARS Small Grains and Potato Germplasm Research Unit, Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station, 3059 National Fish Hatchery.
ARS and University of Idaho scientists at the Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station in Idaho are developing diet formulations using sustainable plant-derived proteins with amino acid profiles that will support animal growth.
He did the studies with rainbow trout at the University of Idaho's Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station, about 90 miles southeast of Boise.
Overturf is in the USDA-ARS Small Grains and Potato Research Unit, c/o Hagerman Fish Culture Experiment Station, 3095F National Fish Hatchery Rd.