PITTSBURGH, July 19 /PRNewswire/ -- An AIDS researcher from the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health (GSPH) today proposed the first definition of HIV-associated lipodystrophy syndrome (HIV-LS)-- the set of physical and metabolic changes that many individuals develop primarily while on HIV drug therapy.
What does HALS stand for?
HALS stands for HIV-Associated Lipodystrophy Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HALS
We have 23 other meanings of HALS in our Acronym Attic
- Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board
- Haryana Land Record Information System (Microsoft SQL server-based software )
- Hand Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy (Surgical procedure and method to remove a kidney)
- Hand Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hawaii Association of Land Surveyors
- Health and Activity Limitation Survey (Canada)
- Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies (UK)
- Higher, Adjacent, Lower, Supporting (part of constructive simulation exercises)
- Hindered Amine Light Stabilizer (polymer coating)
- Historic American Landscape Survey (American Society of Landscape Architects)
- Houston Area Library System
- Houston Area Live Steamers (Hockley, Texas)
- Health and Lifestyle Survey 1984/85
- Hispanic American Law Students Association
- HIV & AIDS Legal Services Alliance (Los Angeles, CA)
- Holiday Association of Lytham St. Annes (UK)
- Hybrid Artificial Liver Support System
- Help Abolish Legal Tyranny
- Helping Arizonans Limit Tragedy
- High-Speed Avoidance Using Laser Technology (C.H.G. Safety Technologies, Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Global Markets Direct's, 'HIV-Associated Lipodystrophy Syndrome - Pipeline Review, H2 2012', provides an overview of the HIV-Associated Lipodystrophy Syndrome therapeutic pipeline.
Global Markets Direct's, 'HIV-Associated Lipodystrophy Syndrome - Pipeline Review, Q3 2011', provides an overview of the HIV-Associated Lipodystrophy Syndrome therapeutic pipeline.