Safeguard HIV prevention research funding - New momentum on research into HIV vaccines, microbicides and other new tools is threatened due to the possibility of federal budget sequestration in the US and similar pressures in other countries.
What does HPR stand for?
HPR stands for HIV Prevention Research
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HPR
We have 120 other meanings of HPR in our Acronym Attic
- High Performance Rule (sailboat handicapping)
- High Powered Rocketry
- High Pressure Reactor
- High Priority Recommendation (Australian)
- High Priority Request
- High Priority Requisition (Canadian Department of National Defence DND)
- High-Point Rendel (UK)
- Highest Previous Rate
- Highly Protected Risk
- Hiring Process Report
- Holding Period Return
- Home Page Reader (IBM Software)
- Hospital/Physician Relations
- Host Plant Resistance (agriculture)
- Hostes Populi Romani (Latin: Enemies of the Roman People, epigraphy)
- House of Pacific Relations (San Diego, CA)
- Human Performance Reliability
- Hunter, Pointer, Retriever (hunting dog)
- Hydro-acoustic Position Reference
- Human Progesterone Receptor Form B
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study is a model of sexologically well-informed HIV prevention research that considers the sexually scripted context of casual or committed same-sex encounters and the way in which over-the-counter, home-based, rapid, HIV testing might, or might not, be integrated in the sexual flow.
It provides a new direction for HIV prevention research and is beginning to shape public health policy," she added.
HIV prevention research must first adequately address this ambiguity to appropriately respond to the AIDS crisis.
The chances of us seeing a vaccine in a pharmacy in the next couple of decades are pretty slim," says Richard Jefferys, who tracks HIV prevention research for the Treatment Action Group, an AIDS research advocacy organization.
9780789032539 Community collaborative partnerships; the foundation for HIV prevention research efforts.
While the findings are unexpected and disappointing, we will learn scientifically important information from this trial that will inform future HIV prevention research.
HIV Prevention Research an "Urgent Priority" Bill Gates said it should be an "urgent priority" to accelerate research on promising new HIV prevention methods, and that he hoped that the discovery and development of an effective microbicide or oral prevention drug could "mark a turning point in the epidemic.