Researchers used Link Plus, a free program developed by CDC, to link AIDS patients in the HIV/AIDS Reporting System data file to records in two other computer data files--the D.
What does HARS stand for?
HARS stands for HIV/AIDS Reporting System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HARS
We have 10 other meanings of HARS in our Acronym Attic
- Humanitarian Assistance Rapid Response Team (US DoD)
- Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale (psychology)
- Happy As Raw Sewage (punk magazine)
- Heading & Altitude Reference System
- Heading Attitude Reference Set
- Hereford Amateur Radio Society (UK)
- High Altitude Route System
- Highway Advisory Radio System (public service announcements)
- Historic Area Remediation Site
- Historical Aircraft Restoration Society
- Housing and Residential Services (various organizations)
- Hayden Area Regional Sewer Board (Idaho)
- Hellenic Association of Rural and Surveying Engineers (Athens, Greece)
- Halt All Racist Tours (New Zealand)
- Hardened Artillery
- Hartford Areas Rally Together (Hartford, CT)
- Hazardous Area Response Team (ambulance service; UK)
- Healing and Recovery After Trauma
- Health Assessment Review Tool
- Henderson Area Rapid Transit (Kentucky, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are three primary ways of examining the prevalence of HIV within correctional systems in the published literature: administrative data, seroprevalence data and the HIV/AIDS Reporting System (HARS).
Using data from an analysis of AIDS diagnoses reported by all 50 states and HIV diagnoses reported by 30 states with well-established integrated HIV/AIDS reporting systems and lab-based CD4 reports, the CDC investigators estimated that, through 2003, there were about 480,000 treatment-eligible HIV/AIDS patients in this country.