In the last two years, commercial banks have repossessed dozens of local firms, Guyana Airways has collapsed and Sears, the giant U.
What does GYA stand for?
GYA stands for Guyana Airways (ICAO code)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GYA
We have 7 other meanings of GYA in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Insurance Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Vibrational Acceleration Along the Y-Axis
- Graduate Year 1
- German Youth Activity
- Glendale Youth Alliance, Inc. (est. 1994; Glendale, CA)
- Global Young Academy (est. 2010)
- Global Youth Action (UK)
- Greater Yellowstone Area
- Green Youth Alliance
- Gulf Yachting Association
- Germantown Youth Athletic Association (Germantown, TN)
- Groveport Youth Athletic Association (Groveport, OH)
- Gifford Youth Activities Center
- Give You A Clue
- Give Yourself A Clap
- Global Youth Anti-Corruption (global network)
- Gourock Youth Athletic Club (Gourock Scotland soccer team)
- Governor’s Youth Advisory Council
- Greenville Youth Advisory Council (Greenville,MI)
- Gay Youth Against Discrimination
Samples in periodicals archive:
Virgin Islands, as well as the eventual spinoff of Guyana Airways to Ireland's Aer Lungus and other interested parties.
Guyana's national airline, Guyana Airways (GA 2000) has temporarily suspended operations and its Board of Directors is reviewing the airline's position, reports CANA (May 16, 2001).
The national flag carrier, Guyana Airways 2000, is spreading its wings throughout North America and the Caribbean with the introduction of new services, reports CANA (December 1, 1999).
Government ministers, diplomats, at least one opposition politician, businessmen, travel agents, media personnel and executives and staff of Guyana's new national flag carrier, Guyana Airways 2000 (GA 2000), were among 155 passengers on the airline's inaugural flight to New York on July 9, reports CANA (July 11, 1999).
Guyana's new national flag carrier, Guyana Airways 2000, was scheduled to make its inaugural flight on June 17, with a leased 278-seater Airbus A300-600R, says Chairman Yesu Persaud, reports CANA (May 29, 1999).
Tower officials say they believe the Government wants to restrict passenger numbers due to the recent acquisition by private investors of a 51% stake in the state airline, Guyana Airways, now renamed Guyana Air 2000.
After two months of "tough" negotiations, a nine-member consortium of Guyanese businesses has clinched a 51% controlling interest in the Guyana Airways Corporation (GAC) to begin flying again by May, reports CANA (April 14, 1999).