The interaction between gut-associated lymphoid tissue in the duodenum and epitopes of orally administered undenatured type II collagen facilitates oral tolerance to the antigen and stems systemic T-cell attack on joint cartilage.
What does GALT stand for?
GALT stands for Gut-Associated Lymphoid Tissue
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GALT
We have 20 other meanings of GALT in our Acronym Attic
- Globally Asynchronous Locally Synchronous
- Gut-Associated Lymphoid System (gastrointestinal medicine)
- Greenville Area Leisure Services Association (Pennsylvania; est. 1948)
- General Authority of Lands, Survey and Urban Planning (Yemen)
- Galactose-1-Phosphate Uridyltransferase (blood test)
- Galileo Technology, Inc.
- Gastrointestinal Associated Lymphoid Tissue
- Greyhound Adoption League of Texas, Inc. (Addison, TX)
- Gross Air Leak Test (inspections)
- Group Assessment of Logical Thinking (cognitive development)
- Gut-Associated Lymphoreticular Tissue (gastrointestinal medicine)
- Gay and Lesbian Tourism Australia
- Gulf Advanced Lighting Company
- Gibbon Ape Leukemia Virus
- Gibbon Ape Lymphosarcoma Virus
- Global Alliance for Livestock Vaccines
- Grapevine Algerian Latent Virus (plant disease)
- Gibbon Ape Leukaemia Virus Envelope Fusogenic Membrane Glycoprotein
- Gay and Lesbian Vaishnava Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Findings from a study of colonic biopsies of HIV-infected individuals initiating combination antiretroviral therapy at the time of acute infection showed that early initiation of therapy did not reverse immunological abnormalities in gut-associated lymphoid tissue .
How the different cellular tropism patterns of these viral variants influence how and where HIV-1 replicates in vivo is also discussed, with emphasis on the thymus and gut-associated lymphoid tissues.