The cecal tonsils (CT) are considered the largest lymphoid aggregates of avian gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT).
What does GALT stand for?
GALT stands for Gut-Associated Lymphoid Tissue
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GALT
We have 20 other meanings of GALT in our Acronym Attic
- Globally Asynchronous Locally Synchronous
- Gut-Associated Lymphoid System (gastrointestinal medicine)
- Greenville Area Leisure Services Association (Pennsylvania; est. 1948)
- General Authority of Lands, Survey and Urban Planning (Yemen)
- Galactose-1-Phosphate Uridyltransferase (blood test)
- Galileo Technology, Inc.
- Gastrointestinal Associated Lymphoid Tissue
- Greyhound Adoption League of Texas, Inc. (Addison, TX)
- Gross Air Leak Test (inspections)
- Group Assessment of Logical Thinking (cognitive development)
- Gut-Associated Lymphoreticular Tissue (gastrointestinal medicine)
- Gay and Lesbian Tourism Australia
- Gulf Advanced Lighting Company
- Gibbon Ape Leukemia Virus
- Gibbon Ape Lymphosarcoma Virus
- Global Alliance for Livestock Vaccines
- Grapevine Algerian Latent Virus (plant disease)
- Gibbon Ape Leukaemia Virus Envelope Fusogenic Membrane Glycoprotein
- Gay and Lesbian Vaishnava Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The gut-associated lymphoid tissue is especially important in health and well-being because of its close proximity to a large and diverse population of organisms in the gastrointestinal tract and its exposure to food constituents.
We were looking at B-cells in the gut because we had previous data suggesting that certain B-cell lymphomas arise from cells that undergo editing in gut-associated lymphoid tissues," says Alt, director of the Boston Children's PCMM, and the Charles A.
The knowledge about the influence of prebiotics on the gut-associated lymphoid tissues (GALT) for the improvement of human health is still growing.