This time it is trying to undo the evils that it helped unleash with its support of the Gun-Free School Zones Act by proposing still more unconstitutional federal intervention in state and local affairs.
What does GFSZ stand for?
GFSZ stands for Gun-Free School Zones Act
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of GFSZ in our Acronym Attic
- Glenforest Secondary School
- Global Fibre Supply Study
- Government Furnished Support Software
- Grand Forks Secondary School (Grand Forks, British Columbia, Canada)
- Great Falls Security Systems (Maine)
- Gun-Fire Support Ship
- Gunfire Support Schoolship
- Generalized Fluid System Simulation Program
- GLAST (Gamma-Ray Large Area Space Telescope) Facility Science Team (US NASA)
- Ground Fuel Start Tank
- Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990
- Garment Fabric Textile
- General Failure Type
- General Flight Test (pilot licensing)
- Geographic Full-Time
- German for Travellers (website)
- Gesellschaft für Technologietransfer (German enterprise)
- Get Flat Tire
- Glasgow Film Theatre (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Global Forex Trading (Global Futures & Forex, Ltd.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Limbaugh is referring to the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, passed just as the country was emerging from a nationwide crack epidemic that was turning many inner-city schools into combat zones over gang turf.
The law in question, the Gun-Free School Zones Act, made it a federal crime to possess a gun in or near a school.
Since 1995, the court has limited federal authority in a number of ways, striking down the Gun-Free School Zones Act and ruling that Congress cannot let rape victims sue their attackers in federal court.
1624 (1995) In Lopez, the Court held that Congress exceeded its Commerce Clause authority when it criminalized an individual's knowing possession of a firearm in a school zone under the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990.
In Lopez, the Supreme Court disabled the Gun-Free School Zones Act, finding that gun possession near schools did not significantly affect interstate commerce.
Lopez invalidated the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, an act that made possession of a firearm in a school zone a federal offense.
In so doing, the Court found the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 unconstitutional.