John Cornyn, R-Texas, worries that the multiagency structure for disbursing the funds is too bureaucratic, and he wants to consider alternatives, like the existing Gulf of Mexico Alliance.
What does GOMA stand for?
GOMA stands for Gulf of Mexico Alliance (state government partnership; est. 2004)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GOMA
We have 1 other meaning of GOMA in our Acronym Attic
- Group of Ministers
- Grumpy Old Man
- Grumpy old Men (movie and Danish gaming clan)
- Guardianship of the Minister
- Gulf of Maine (Includes watersheds in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts)
- Gulf Of Mexico
- General Officer Money Allowance
- Georgia Osteopathic Medical Association
- Get Off My Ass
- Greater Orlando Merchants Association (est. 1995; Florida)
- Go Out and Make Another Brother (Phi Beta Sigma fraternity)
- Geology of the Mid-Atlantic Corridor (USGS)
- Government Microcircuit and Applications Conference
- Gulf of Mexico Atmospheric Composition and Climate Study
- Gallon of Milk A Day
- Go Out and Make a Difference
- Graduate Opportunities and Minority Achievement Program (University of Washington; Seattle, WA)
- General Officer Memorandum of Reprimand (US Army)
- Geostationary Observatory for Microwave Atmospheric Sounding
- Get Off My Back
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is an ex officio member of the Coastal Protection and Restoration Financing Corporation and represented the state of Louisiana on the Gulf of Mexico Alliance.
Rita Colwell, Chairman, GRI Research Board Purpose: Announcement of the release of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative Request for Proposals About the GRI Research Board: On September 29, 2010, BP and the Gulf of Mexico Alliance announced plans for the implementation of BP's $500 million Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative (GRI) to study the effects of the Deepwater Horizon incident and the potential associated impact on the environment and public health.