Parmenter said the new policy was developed with help from the Gulf of Maine Research Institute in Portland, and traces each of more than 2,500 products back to where they were sourced, down to the precise fishery.
What does GMRI stand for?
GMRI stands for Gulf of Maine Research Institute (marine research and education institution; est.1968; Portland, ME)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMRI
We have 4 other meanings of GMRI in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Montréal Real Estate Board (Île-des-Soeurs, Québec, Canada)
- Generalized Minimal Residual Algorithm
- Gaussian Markov Random Field
- Global Medical Relief Fund (Staten Island, NY; est. 1997)
- General Mechanical Rubber Goods
- Global Manufacturing Research Group (Kansas State University; Manhattan, KS)
- Germinal Matrix-Related Hemorrhage
- Gated Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Global Marketing Resources, Inc. (Dunedin, FL)
- Government Micro Resources Inc (Manassas, VA)
- Greater Midwest Research Library Consortium
- General Mobilization Reserve Material Requirement
- Global Ministry Resource Network
- Ground Mobile Regional Operations Center
- Gross Margin Return on Inventory
- Gross Margin Return On Investment (retail)
- Gross Margin Return on Inventory Investment
- GARP Multicast Registration Protocol (Cisco)
- Gauss-Markov Random Process
- Giant Mine Remediation Project (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hannaford, which operates stores in Hudson, Marlboro, Clinton, Milford and Ayer among its locations, said it has been working with the Gulf of Maine Research Institute, the Global Acquaculture Alliance, its suppliers and the fishing community toward implementation of the policy.
Shaw's now offers 18 products in its fresh case certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), the world's leading certification and eco-labeling program for sustainable seafood, or verified though the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI), a nonprofit marine science center.
Goldberg serves on the boards of directors of the Gulf of Maine Research Institute and the Children's Museum of Maine.
GMRI receives award at reception for the 50 causes funded by Poland Spring in 2008 POLAND SPRING, Maine, July 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Poland Spring has named the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI) as its 2009 Natural Leader Award recipient.
Cohen Foundation and is actively involved in the Gulf of Maine Research Institute.
The state also houses six world-renowned nonprofit research laboratories: Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences, Foundation for Blood Research, the Gulf of Maine Research Institute, Jackson Laboratory, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, and the Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory.