By any measure, the council has adopted steep cuts, effective May 1: A whopping 77 percent cut down to 1,550 metric tons of cod from the Gulf of Maine and 55 percent to 2,506 metric tons of the same fish from the Georges Bank, off the coast of Cape Cod, Mass.
What does GOM stand for?
GOM stands for Gulf of Maine (Includes watersheds in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GOM
We have 59 other meanings of GOM in our Acronym Attic
- Grand Old Man (British prime minister William Ewart Gladstone)
- Gretech Online Movie (media player)
- Gross Operating Margin
- Ground Operations Manager (aviation)
- Ground Operations Manual (various companies)
- Group and Organization Management (journal)
- Group of Ministers
- Grumpy Old Man
- Grumpy old Men (movie and Danish gaming clan)
- Guardianship of the Minister
- Gulf Of Mexico
- General Officer Money Allowance
- Georgia Osteopathic Medical Association
- Get Off My Ass
- Greater Orlando Merchants Association (est. 1995; Florida)
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance (state government partnership; est. 2004)
- Go Out and Make Another Brother (Phi Beta Sigma fraternity)
- Geology of the Mid-Atlantic Corridor (USGS)
- Government Microcircuit and Applications Conference
- Gulf of Mexico Atmospheric Composition and Climate Study
Samples in periodicals archive:
It turns out she perished in the Gulf of Maine, not Philadelphia, thanks to algae found in Amy''s bone marrow.
9781934874301 Advancing an ecosystem approach in the Gulf of Maine.
Hannaford, which operates stores in Hudson, Marlboro, Clinton, Milford and Ayer among its locations, said it has been working with the Gulf of Maine Research Institute, the Global Acquaculture Alliance, its suppliers and the fishing community toward implementation of the policy.
Recipients are: * University of Maine Physical Oceanography Group-Funding to support operations and maintenance of the Gulf of Maine buoy array (formerly GoMOOS), and to support operations of a coastal radar system that measure currents and supports search and rescue.
Roman and McCarthy found that phytoplankton in the Gulf of Maine in the western North Atlantic has a brake on its productivity when nitrogen is used up in the otherwise productive summer months.
Abstract--Despite its recreational and commercial importance, the movement patterns and spawning habitats of winter flounder (Pseudopleuronectes americanus) in the Gulf of Maine are poorly understood.
KEY WORDS: sea scallop, Placopecten magellanicus, video survey, Gulf of Maine INTRODUCTION The central banks and ledges of the Gulf of Maine have been important fishing grounds to the coastal communities of Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts for centuries (Rich 1929).