Apparently, while all this has been going on off the Somali coast and the Gulf of Aden, another group of pirates (mainly operating from Nigeria) has been rampaging the waters of the Gulf of Guinea and endangering international navigation and trade in that region.
What does GoG stand for?
GoG stands for Gulf of Guinea
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GoG
We have 43 other meanings of GoG in our Acronym Attic
- Good Old Giggle
- Government of Gibraltar
- Government of Grenada
- Government of Gujarat (India)
- Grace of God
- Grease, Oil, Gas
- Great Artesian Oil & Gas (North Sydney, NSW, Australia)
- Great Outdoor Games (Entertainment and Sports Programming Network)
- Grumpy Old Git
- Guild of Greeters
- Guns of Glory (gaming clan)
- Gynecologic Oncology Group
- Gesundheit Österreich GmbH (Austria)
- Gallery of Graphic Arts (various locations)
- Girl on Girl Action
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area (US National Park Service)
- Grind or Get Ate
- Games of the Greatest All-Round Athletes (multi-sport event)
- Girls of Great Britain (rollerblading club; UK)
- Genesis Oil and Gas Consultants
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new project which will boost security and the safety of maritime routes across seven African countries in the Gulf of Guinea was announced today by the European Union.
The Gulf of Guinea has become a favorite among pirates, second only to the waters off Somalia for number of piracy incidents.
Unlike their "colleagues" from the coast of Somalia and the Gulf of Aden, the pirates in the Gulf of Guinea stretching from Guinea to Angola on the West African coast hijack ships to steal cash and goods rather than to get ransom, experts say.
New York, Dhu-AlHijjah 4, 1432, Oct 31, 2011, SPA -- The UN Security Council welcomed Monday a decision by Gulf of Guinea states to hold a summit to counter increasing acts of piracy and armed robbery at sea in the region.
Ghana has become the world's newest oil producer Wednesday, pumping crude for the first time from an offshore field worth billions of dollars in the Gulf of Guinea.
The last major attack in the Gulf of Guinea was in November, when pirates attacked an oil tanker off Benin, killing a Ukrainian sailor and stealing the contents of the ship s safe.
The British and South African mercenary leaders were jailed for 34 years each for their role in a plot to oust Obiang Nguema as head of the former Spanish colony in the Gulf of Guinea.