With winds reported at up to 60 miles an hour and Gulf of Alaska seas of up to 35 feet, responders were unable to keep the ship from grounding, said Coast Guard Commander Shane Montoya, the leader of the incident command team.
What does GOA stand for?
GOA stands for Gulf of Alaska
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GOA
We have 52 other meanings of GOA in our Acronym Attic
- Gone On Arrival
- Governance Oriented Architecture
- Government of Afghanistan
- Government of Alberta
- Grace of Air Totem (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Grant Of Authority
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese (of America)
- Guardians of Azeroth (World of Warcraft)
- Guerilla Oriented Architecture
- Gulf of Aden
- Gun Owners of America
- Greater Omaha Airsoft Association (Nebraska)
- Greater Orlando Airport Authority
- Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (Florida, USA)
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Gang Operated Air Break (switch)
- Gemeinnuetzige Offenbacher Ausbildungs-und Beschaeftigungsgesellschaft (German employment training organization; Offenbach, Germany)
- Get on a Bike
- Goths On A Bus
- Government of Antigua and Barbuda
Samples in periodicals archive:
From the beginning, vessel operators in the eastern Gulf of Alaska have reported poor scallop adductor muscle quality characterized by tissue of stringy texture that tears easily during shucking.
A plume of smoke rises from a derelict Japanese ship after it was hit by cannon fire by a US Coast Guard cutter in the Gulf of Alaska.
Byline: ANI Washington, December 24 (ANI): In a new research, scientists have found that glaciers along the Gulf of Alaska are enriching stream and near shore marine ecosystems from ancient carbon contained in glacial runoff.
The US Geological Survey reported that the strongest quake struck at 18:22 GMT in the Gulf of Alaska some 98 kilometers (61 miles) southeast of Kodiak, an island of about 14,000 people that serves as a popular eco-tourism destination.
The state's pristine wilderness explains the uproar that ensued when the Exxon Valdez tanker struck a reef and spilled millions of gallons into the Gulf of Alaska in one of America's largest environmental disasters.
Alaska Range, Anchorage, Bering Sea, Bering Strait, catch their first seal, countryside, Eskimo, Fairbanks, Gulf of Alaska, igloos, marry, mud huts, reach manhood, tundra, Yup'ik 11.
A cold winter storm that originated in the Gulf of Alaska could drop snow tonight as low as 2,500 to 3,000 feet - meaning over much of the Antelope Valley.