The Gulf Marine Institute of Technology (GMIT), a pioneering nonprofit research institute in Texas, formed to implement a new mariculture research project to grow native Gulf fish, announced today that it has received equipment donations valued at over $250,000 from Japan to support the initial research and development phase of an offshore, integrated, commercial sea-farming industry.
What does GMIT stand for?
GMIT stands for Gulf Marine Institute of Technology (Florida)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMIT
We have 1 other meaning of GMIT in our Acronym Attic
- Gandhi Memorial International School (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Global Management Information Systems
- Government Management Information Sciences (Palmetto Bay, FL)
- Government Management Information System
- Grant Maintained Integrated Status
- Grant Management Information System (database)
- Global Maritime Information Sharing Symposium (conference)
- Gridded Model Information Support System
- Gros Morne Institute for Sustainable Tourism (Canada)
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (Ireland)
- Guidelines for the Management of Information Technology Security
- God Made It That Way
- Germinal Matrix Haemorrhage and Intraventricular Haemorrhage
- Global Management Immersion Experience
- Gallup Management Journal (New York, NY)
- Gelatin Manufacturers Association of Japan
- Gene Medicine Japan (biotechnology venture company)
- Georgian Mathematical Journal (est. 1994; Georgian Academy of Sciences; Georgia)
- Glasgow Medical Journal
- Global Media Journal (est. 2002; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
BAY CITY, Texas, May 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Gulf Marine Institute of Technology (GMIT), a leader in mariculture expertise, has filed a suit in Texas state court, the 130th Judicial District in Matagorda County, against the State of Texas, the Texas General Land Office (GLO) and Commissioner David Dewhurst, and Seagull Energy E&P, Inc.