According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, village volunteers are the backbone of the Guinea worm eradication program.
What does GWEP stand for?
GWEP stands for Guinea Worm Eradication Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GWEP
We have 2 other meanings of GWEP in our Acronym Attic
- Global Web-Marketing & E-Business Information Magazine
- Google Will Eat Itself
- Great Western Exploration Limited (Australia)
- Georgian Wholesale Electricity Market
- German Workshop on Experience Management
- Graduate Women Educators Network (Indiana University)
- Ground Wave Emergency Network (USAF)
- Guild Wars: Eye of the North (computer game)
- Global Women's Electronic Network Training
- Gateway Endpoint
- Glaxo Wellcome Experimental Research (Geneva)
- Greater Worcester Employment Resource Collaborative (Massachusetts)
- Ground Water and Ecosystems Restoration Division (EPA)
- George Washington Elementary School (various locations)
- Graphics, Windowing, and Events Subsystem (Microsoft)
- Grid Workflow Execution Service
- Global Water and Energy Strategy Team
- Greater Washington Educational Telecommunications Association, Inc. (Arlington, VA)
- Governor Wisconsin Educational Technology Conference
- Groundwater Extraction and Treatment Effectiveness Review (U.S. Army Environmental Programs)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Uma June 22, 2010 (JUBA) -- The mass movement of pastoralists in search for pastures threatens efforts to eliminate Guinea worn in the semi-autonomous region, officials from Southern Sudan Guinea Worm Eradication Program (SSGWEP) have disclosed.
When villagers drink unfiltered water from a pond, they also gulp down the worm-infected fleas, says Ernesto Ruiz-Tiben, technical director of the Carter Center's Guinea Worm Eradication Program.