The busy librarian's guide to information literacy in science and engineering.
What does GILS stand for?
GILS stands for Guide to Information Literacy (Sarasota County, FL)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GILS
We have 10 other meanings of GILS in our Acronym Attic
- Ghana Interlibrary Lending and Document Delivery Network (Africa)
- G-Induced Loss-of-Consciousness
- Gradient Index Lens Power
- Graduate Information Literacy Program (Australia)
- Glucose Irreversible Loss Rate
- Global Information Locator Service
- Government Information Locator Service
- Government/Industry Logistics Support
- GPS Interference Location System
- Ground Independent Landing System
- Good Industrial Large Scale Practice
- Gamma-Interferon-Inducible Lysosomal Thiol Reductase (genetics)
- Globalization, Internationalization, Localization and Translation
- Grand Island Little Theater (Grand Island, NE)
- Glucocorticoid Induced Leucine Zipper (amino acid protein)
- Gaining Inventory Manager
- Gas Injection Molding (plastic processing)
- General Information Meeting
- General Internal Medicine
- Generalized Impedance Matrix
Samples in periodicals archive:
A practical guide to information literacy assessment for academic librarians.
For high school and college students, both college-age and non- traditional, this guide to information literacy illustrates how to select a research topic, develop a plan, find available library resources, use internet search engines, evaluate sources, understand plagiarism and copyright, document sources, and write papers.