VFK supports the Guardian ad Litem Program for Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties.
What does GAL stand for?
GAL stands for Guardian ad Litem
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GAL
We have 75 other meanings of GAL in our Acronym Attic
- Gradient Adaptive Lattice
- Graphics Adapter Language
- Greyhound Adoption League
- Groupe Antiterroristes de Libération (French: Anti-Terrorist Liberation Group)
- Groupe d'Action Locale (French: Local Action Group)
- Grow and Learn (algorithm)
- Grün Alternative Liste (German: Green Alternative List)
- Grupos Antiterroristas de Liberación (Spain)
- Guarantee against Loss (insurance; various locations)
- Guaranteed Access Level
- Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory
- Guild of American Luthiers
- Guinea Airways, Ltd.
- Galactosyl Hydroxylysine
- Gallons Per Hour
- Gardner Area League of Artists (Massachusetts)
- Gay And Lesbian Acceptance
- Gay And Lesbian Alliance
- Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition
- Geschwindigkeitsabhängige Lautstärkeanhebung (German: Speed depending volume increase, radios)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The court appointed a guardian ad litem (GAL) for tenant, who then sued HRA to obtain services for tenant.
Douglass, a member of the firm's Trusts and Estates Group, is the Court-appointed guardian ad litem representing the interests of Malikah Shabazz, one of Dr.
Where the child's expressed preference would injure the child--as opposed to merely being contrary to the lawyer's opinion of what would be in the child's interests--the lawyer may request appointment of a guardian ad litem and continue to represent the child's expressed preference, unless the child's position is prohibited by law or without any factual foundation.
Mayor Jeri Muoio today announced that The Florida Guardian ad Litem Program recognized its Palm Beach County volunteers and honored Jim Sackett, WPTV anchor with a special award.
com)-- The Continental Group (TCG), a FirstService Residential Management company, will participate in the Guardian Ad Litem Program's Voices for Children(VFC).
Additionally, attorneys can counsel their child clients while maintaining their confidences through the attorney-client privilege; something that cannot be offered by a guardian ad litem.
Because the son was schizophrenic, the court appointed a guardian ad litem (GAL).