Aslan is the author of No god but God: The Origins, Evolution, and Future of Islam which was shortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award.
What does GFBA stand for?
GFBA stands for Guardian First Book Award
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GFBA
We have 2 other meanings of GFBA in our Acronym Attic
- Gran Fraternidad Blanca (Spanish: Great White Brotherhood)
- Great Florida Bank (Miami Lakes, FL)
- Ground Floor Bedroom (property feature)
- Guaranteed Flat Bill (Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company)
- Garfield Fire Brigade
- General Fund Business Area
- Geografia Bacharelado
- Georgia F Body Association
- Girl Fest Bay Area (San Francisco, CA)
- Greenville F-body Association
- Guinea Fowl Breeders Association
- Gamefowl Breeders Association of Negros (Philippines)
- Greek Federation of Bodybuilding (est. 1987; Athens, Greece)
- Grupo Financiero BBVA Bancomer, SA
- Get Fresh Body Butter Apricot/Chamomile
- Grace Fellowship Baptist Church
- Gasification Fluidized-Bed Combustion Combined Cycle (power plants)
- Global Family Business Day (annual event)
- God Forgives, Brotherhood Doesn't
- Greek Federation of Bank Employee Unions (Greece)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Li's 2005 debut collection, A Thousand Years of Good Prayers, won the Frank O'Connor International Short Story Award, the PEN/Hemingway Award and the Guardian First Book Award, among others.
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2009 M2 COMMUNICATIONS Petina Gappah, a Geneva-based international trade lawyer, is the winner of the Guardian First Book Award for her collection of 13 stories, titled An Elegy for Easterly.
If you're enthusiastic it'll show in your story THE BOOK AWARD JUDGE Stuart Broom Represents Waterstone's on the judging panel for the Guardian First Book Award Tips: 'Be original.
His first book, "We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families: stories from Rwanda," was published by Farrar Straus & Giroux (FSG) in 1998, and won numerous prizes, including a National Book Critics Circle Award, a Los Angeles Times Book Prize, a George Polk Book Award, and in Britain, the Guardian First Book Award.
Recalls Gold, whose first novel was ``Carter Beats the Devil,'' ``We were both up for the Guardian First Book Award, and 'Carter' got its ass kicked.
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2008 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD Alex Ross, the music critic on The New Yorker, has been awarded the Guardian First Book Award for his work The Rest is Noise, which covers the history of music throughout the 20th century.
More recently, the Guardian first book award shortlistees are all male, as are those for the John Llewellyn Rhys prize, for fiction or non-fiction by under-35s.