He outlines principles that can be applied at any time, in any investment cycle, and at any age, and examines the bond market, what it is, how it functions, the various individual products, and how to use the market profitably, as well as key strategies, how to find and choose an investment advisor, the mathematics of bonds, the concept of duration, how to forecast interest rates, bonds for the speculator, retirement planning, reinvestment risk, bond mutual funds, and guaranteed investment certificates (GICs) vs.
What does GIC stand for?
GIC stands for Guaranteed Investment Certificate
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GIC
We have 185 other meanings of GIC in our Acronym Attic
- Grandparent Information Center (AARP)
- Graphite Intercalation Compound (chemistry)
- Green Industry Conference
- Grocery Innovations Canada (Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers)
- Groninger Internet Courant
- Group Indicator Code
- Groupement Interprofessionnel pour la Construction (French real estate development company; est. 1991; Paris, France)
- Guaranteed Income Contract (insurance)
- Guaranteed Insurance Contract
- Guaranteed Interest Contract (insurance)
- Guaranteed Investment Contract
- Guidance Information Center
- Gabriola Institute of Contemporary Art (Gabriola Island, British Columbia, Canada)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Antigen
- General Insurance Corporation of America
- Ginásio Clube de Águeda
- Goat Industry Council of Australia
- Green Initiative Carbon Assets SA (Switzerland)
- Gulf Intracoastal Canal Association
- Gulf Islands Community Arts Council (British Columbia, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To celebrate the opening of our new branch, between October 22 and November 30, we are happy to offer customers who invest USD10,000 into a one to five year Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) a complimentary USD108 towards their principal investment,' said Nancy Chiu, branch manager, BMO Bank of Montreal.
Ally will offer a variety of online savings products, including a range of Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs), a true 12-Month No Penalty GIC option, and high interest savings accounts - all of which are available either as traditional saving products or tax-free savings accounts.
The savings office offers chequing and savings plans, as well as guaranteed investment certificates.
The guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) account, which is used to cover losses from credit events, has been fully depleted.
8 million in cash and short-term bank guaranteed investment certificates and no debt.
The ratings are based upon the capital structure of the transaction, the quality of the collateral, the guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) account, and the overcollateralization coverage tests provided for within the indenture.
As at the date hereof, the Company has approximately $20 million in cash and short-term bank guaranteed investment certificates and no debt.