Notably, the guanine-cytosine content of the SSU rRNA locus of microsporidia within the genus Endoreticulatus varied from 51.
What does GC stand for?
GC stands for Guanine-Cytosine (DNA base pairing)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GC
We have 91 other meanings of GC in our Acronym Attic
- Greenville College (Greenville, Illinois)
- GregChant Enterprises, LTD
- Groove Coverage (band)
- Ground Cadets
- Ground Control
- Group Captain (Royal Air Force)
- Group Command (ITU-T Rec. T.30)
- Group Control
- Group Currency (finance)
- Group-Specific Component (proteins)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scientists have traditionally recognized adenine-uridine and guanine-cytosine as the complementary base pairs in RNA.
Consequently, the sizes of the amplicons and percentage guanine-cytosine content were different, allowing discrimination between HPAI and LPAI by melting curve analysis (7).