The diminutive's Guangdong Modern Dance Company, "Folding" sees wraith-like figures in long black or red skirts glide across the huge stage space in the middle of the Armory, twisting and bending as if blown in the wind.
What does GMDC stand for?
GMDC stands for Guangdong Modern Dance Company (China)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMDC
We have 21 other meanings of GMDC in our Acronym Attic
- Group Method of Determining Arguments (equation)
- Groupe Monde Des Amériques
- Grupo Master De Alarmes
- Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority (India)
- General Motors Daewoo Auto and Technology
- Guaranteed Minimum Death Benefit (insurance)
- General Merchandise Distributors Council
- Global Marine Drilling Co. (various locations)
- Green Mountain Dharma Center (Hartland-Four-Corners, VT)
- Greenpoint Manufacturing and Design Center (est. 1992; Brooklyn, NY)
- Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation (India)
- Greater Minneapolis Daycare Association
- General Motors Diesel Division (London, Ontario, Canada)
- Generalized Minimum Distance Decoding
- Green Mountain Disc Dogs (Vermont)
- Guided Missile Development Division
- Greater Merseyside Digital Development Agency (Liverpool, UK)
- Generalized Minimum Distance Encoding
- Global Market-Driven Economy
- Graduate Medical and Dental Education (University of Tennessee)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The San Francisco-based Margaret Jenkins Dance Company, in collaboration with China's Guangdong Modern Dance Company launches the much anticipated Other Suns trilogy in San Francisco Sept.
Funded by the British Council and working with local organisations the Guangdong Modern Dance Company and Kapok Theatre, in each case the groups created an original work based on Romeo and Juliet or Beauty and the Beast.
Born in Hunan, China, Shen worked for the Hunan State Xian Opera Company and was an original member of China's first modern dance troupe, Guangdong Modern Dance Company.
A graduate of the Music and Dance Department of the Central Ethnic University in Beijing, he joined China's first modern dance company, Guangdong Modern Dance Company, in 1993.
Wei's The Rite of Spring and Folding, presented on the same program at the festival, were revelatory, showing an unusually expansive artistic vision that magically melded the many cultural influences of Wei's life: his early work with the Hunan State Xian Opera in his native China; his career with the groundbreaking Guangdong Modern Dance Company, which he helped found; and his studies in New York (where he's now based) with the Nikolais/Louis Dance Lab.
She played an integral role in developing the ADF's vast international programs, including mini-ADFs abroad and the festival's International Choreographers' Commissioning Program, as well as helping to establish the Guangdong Modern Dance Company, China's first modern dance troupe.
GAO CHENGMING MANAGING AND ARTISTIC DIRECTOR GUANGDONG MODERN DANCE COMPANY BETSY GARDELLA, my wife, was on the twenty-fifth floor of the Municipal Building looking out at the North Tower disaster, speaking on the phone to me about getting our daughter out of school, when she watched and reported as the second plane slammed into the South Tower right in front of her.