San Antonio Express-News): "The feasibility of building a natural-gas-powered desalination plant to turn Texas Gulf Coast seawater into drinking water will be studied by the General Land Office and the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority, the agencies announced Monday.
What does GBRA stand for?
GBRA stands for Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority (Seguin, TX)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GBRA
We have 3 other meanings of GBRA in our Acronym Attic
- Guadalcanal Beach Resort
- Guaranteed Bit Rate
- Guided Bone Regeneration (bone defects treatment)
- Gun Boosted Rocket
- United Kingdom (ISO Country code)
- Ground Based Radar Prototype
- Ground Based Radar Terminal
- Great Britain R/C (Radio Control) Aerobatic Association
- Gas-Cooled Breeder Reactor Association
- Georgia Bicycle Racing Association
- Goal-Based Requirements Analysis Tool
- GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)-Benzodiazepine Receptor Complex (brain)
- General Building Research Corporation of Japan (est. 1964)
- Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre (UK)
- Global Business Research Center (University of Tokyo)
- Global Business Resource Center (University of Wisconsin - Whitewater)
- Golden Bear Recreation Center (California)
- Great Barrier Reef Committee (est. 1922; now Australian Coral Reef Society)
- Great Barrier Reef Cruise (Queensland, Australia)
- Great Basin Research Center (Ephraim, UT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The executive manager of water resources and utility operations with the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority (GBRA) James Murphy hopes that a day will come when a facility will exist along the Texas coastline to make salty seawater drinkable.
District Judge Janis Graham Jack granted the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority (GBRA) defendant intervener status in April 2010.
According to West, the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority considered two other public-private partnerships recently, but refused partnering because the firms involved wanted a higher profit margin than the public was willing to pay.
The Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority (GBRA) filed a motion to intervene as a defendant on April 21, 2010.
For example, another by-product of the planning collaboration was a well-received riparian management guide produced by the Conservancy, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority, and Nueces River Authority.
The Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority (Authority) instituted a condemnation action against Kraft, seeking a permanent easement across his property to lay a water pipeline.
Blanco officials were scheduled to meet in September with representatives of the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority, the Canyon Lake Water Supply Company and the Lower Colorado River Authority to build a pipeline to nearby Canyon Lake.