The local human rights organization Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (GAM) and the Procuraduria de Derechos Humanos (PDH) published a report last week highlighting Peten, Zacapa, Izabal, Alta Verapaz, Jutiapa, San Marcos, and Huehuetenango as the departments where the greatest number of incidents is most likely to occur.
What does GAM stand for?
GAM stands for Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (Spanish: Mutual Support Group; Guatemala)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GAM
We have 111 other meanings of GAM in our Acronym Attic
- Great Aya and Miki (Japanese band)
- Ground-to-Air Missile
- Groupe Archéologique de Mouriès (French: Mouriès Archaeological Group)
- Groupe Archéologique du Mesmontois (French: Archaeological Group of Mesmontois)
- Groupe d'Action Municipale (French: Municipal Action Group)
- Groupe d'Animation Musicale (French: Animation Music Group)
- Groupe pour l'Avancement de la Microchirurgie (French: Group for Advancement of Microsurgery)
- Groupement Arras Montreuil (French disability association)
- Groupement d'Artisans pour l'Achat de Matériaux (French: Group of Artisans for the Purchase of Materials)
- Grupo Azucarero Mexico
- Grupo de Ayuda Mutua (Spanish: Mutual Support Group, Guatemala)
- Guerre Air Mer (French military specifications)
- Gustavo A. Madero (Mexico)
- Bullpup (USAF missile)
- D-Gluconamidoethyl Methacrylate
- Game Manufacturer's Association
- Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association, Inc. (Arlington, VA)
- General Ability Measure for Adults (aptitude test; Pearson Education, Inc.)
- General Agents and Managers Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
GE1: Actividades agradables paciente (n=23) GE2: -1997 Solucion de problemas paciente (n=19) GC1: Tratamiento inespecifico (n=10) GC2: Lista de espera (n=20) Winter y GE: Grupo de apoyo mutuo * GC: Tratamiento Gitlin (2007) estandar * Zanetti et al.
Mynor Alvarado, director of the judicial department of the human rights organization Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (GAM), said that, before the Garcia case could be brought to trial, the organization had to appeal against a verdict by the Fourth Tribunal in 2009, which ruled that "forced disappearance" did not exist as a specific crime under Guatemalan law when the trade unionist was abducted.
The rationale for this action is, said Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (GAM) director Mario Polanco, that the four "violated the Constitution given that Rios Montt is barred from candidacy owing to his golpista past.
Mario Polanco of the human rights organization Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (GAM) saw the problem coming from the very outset of the administration.
Mario Polanco of Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (GAM), a human rights group, says that the increase in military spending threatens the peace accords and violates democratic principles.
Mario Polanco of the Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (GAM) said, "This shows the attorney general's lack of will and interest in seeing justice done.
The Grupo de Apoyo Mutuo (GAM) said the ruling was a "national shame.