Rick Wakeman, the prog-rock keyboard maestro turned Grumpy Old Man, knows this.
What does GOM stand for?
GOM stands for Grumpy Old Man
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GOM
We have 59 other meanings of GOM in our Acronym Attic
- Government Of Mexico
- Government of Moldova
- Government-Owned Material
- Grand Old Man (British prime minister William Ewart Gladstone)
- Gretech Online Movie (media player)
- Gross Operating Margin
- Ground Operations Manager (aviation)
- Ground Operations Manual (various companies)
- Group and Organization Management (journal)
- Group of Ministers
- Grumpy old Men (movie and Danish gaming clan)
- Guardianship of the Minister
- Gulf of Maine (Includes watersheds in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts)
- Gulf Of Mexico
- General Officer Money Allowance
- Georgia Osteopathic Medical Association
- Get Off My Ass
- Greater Orlando Merchants Association (est. 1995; Florida)
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance (state government partnership; est. 2004)
- Go Out and Make Another Brother (Phi Beta Sigma fraternity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Consumerism Richard Wilson On Hold (Channel 4, 8pm) HE PLAYED the archetypal grumpy old man, Victor Meldrew, in One Foot in the Grave, so who better to investigate an issue that can turn even the sunniest-natured individuals into cranks - automated services.
TO TIE in with the release of Pixar/ Disney's animated tale of a grumpy old man who heads off on a great adventure to the wilds of South America aboard his balloon powered home, Middlesbrough Cineworld has supplied a super prize.
The story of a grumpy old man (voiced by Ed Asner) who fulfills his deceased wife's dream of going on an African adventure by tying a bunch of balloons to his house and floating away is right in Pixar's melancholy wheel-house.
It's clearly what stops Gray turning into a grumpy old man and becoming a very funny and entertaining grumpy old diarist instead.
He was a grumpy old man but I never imagined something like this would happen," said Margarita Velasquez, a 33-year-old housewife who has lived across the street from Nevarez for more than a decade.
A brilliant performance by John Thaw as the grumpy old man who, forced to take on an evacuee, then grew to love him so much that he adopted him after his mother's death.
Byline: WITH LEE-ANN FULLERTON AND BEVERLEY LYONS EDINBURGH Fringe Festival smash Rob Brydon is ready for his first big film role - playing a grumpy old man Brydon, the downtrodden cabbie in Marion and Geoff and on his Keith Barret show, is teaming up with Steve Coogan in a new Brit flick.