Indeed, a polymorphism in the growth arrest-specific 6 (GAS6)  gene was found to be associated with stroke (8), for which male sex is a risk factor (9).
What does GAS stand for?
GAS stands for Growth Arrest-Specific
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other meanings of GASOther Resources:
We have 262 other definitions for GAS in our Acronym Attic
- Graef, Anhalt, Schloemer and Associates Inc.
- Great American Smokeout
- Greetings and Salutations
- Grind Ambition Success
- Ground Aided Seeker
- Ground Analysis Software
- Group A Streptococci (bacteria)
- Group A, B-Hemolytic Streptococci bacteria
- Groupe Accueil Solidarité (French: Solidarity Group Home)
- Groupe d'Anthropologie Scolastique (French: Scholastic Anthropology Group)
- Guild of All Souls
- Guilty As Sin :-)
- Guitar Acquisition Syndrome
- Gunner's Auxiliary Sight (secondary optics on an M-1 Abrams tank)
- GPS (Global Positioning System) Antenna System 1
- Growth Arrest-Specific 1 (antibody; also seen as GAS-1)
- Growth Arrest Specific 6
- Growth Arrest Specific 7 (gene)
- Genetic Algorithms and Simulated Annealing
- Georgia Amateur Soccer Association