20, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Afternearly ten years of effectively shaping the development of high quality international accounting and solvency standards, the Group of North American Insurance Enterprises (GNAIE), will cease operations on December 31.
What does GNAIE stand for?
GNAIE stands for Group of North American Insurance Enterprises
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Ghana National Association of the Deaf
- Generalized Non-Adjacent Form
- Great Northern Arts Festival
- Ghana National Association of Farmers and Fishermen
- Glebe Neighbourhood Activities Group (Canada)
- Good Night and Good Luck (movie)
- Great New Art Highs (Santa Monica, CA)
- Guanine Nucleotide-Binding Protein, H Polypeptide
- Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center
- Guanine Nucleotide-Binding Protein, Alpha-Inhibiting
- Global Network for Avian Influenza Surveillance
- Greater Norristown Art League (Pennsylvania)
- Ghana Nurses Association of the Midwest (Chicago, IL)
- Guanine Nucleotide-Binding Protein, Alpha-'Other'
- Generic North American Protestantism
- Global Network Access Point
- Group for Nature Preservation and Education (India)
- Ghana National Association of Poultry Farmers (est. 1995)
- Ghana National Association of Private Schools
- Gaffney’s Numerical Assessment of Radness (Dalhousie University; Nova Scotia, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NEW YORK, June 27 /PRNewswire/ -- - GNAIE Provides Summary Highlights of Remarks to IASCF - The Group of North American Insurance Enterprises (GNAIE) today reported that Philip Bancroft, a GNAIE Board Member and Chief Financial Officer of ACE, Ltd.
insurance trade groups, and a special purpose group called Group of North American Insurance Enterprises, are speaking out in the debate, he said.
9, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Group of North American Insurance Enterprises (GNAIE) commended the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) on today's decision to work with the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on a single, high quality, converged accounting standard for insurance contracts.
The Group of North American Insurance Enterprises (GNAIE) said the proposed update fell short of the FASB's objective of providing financial statement users with a more timely and representative description of an entity's involvement in financial instruments while reducing complexity in accounting for them.
htm In an August 19 comment letter to IASB Chairman Sir David Tweedie, the Group of North American Insurance Enterprises (GNAIE)(1), said that the proposed Exposure Draft failed in its original intent of advocating a simplified Alternative Measurement Paradigm for certain short-term insurance contracts whose underlying attributes are best accounted for using a short-term revenue and expense model similar to that currently in use around the world.
Paer, executive chairman of the Group of North American Insurance Enterprises (GNAIE), expressed support for FASB's direction of measuring short-term property/casualty insurance contracts using a non-discounted, ultimate contractual fulfillment model with no risk margins that reflects the ultimate amount expected to be paid.
Paer, executive chairman of the Group of North American Insurance Enterprises (GNAIE), said the decision reflects "a commitment to a deliberate, diligent and participative process that values the input of stakeholders in developing comprehensive accounting standards of the highest quality.