[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] AN/FSQ-114: Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS) Unit location: Det.
What does GEODSS stand for?
GEODSS stands for Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (System)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of GEODSS in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Eastern Oregon Development Corporation
- Geospatial Digital Data Users Course
- Geo-Data Explorer (USGS)
- Geodynamics and Ore Deposit Evolution
- Geographic Data Evaluation System (RTI International)
- Geologic Data Explorer (USGS)
- Grid Enabled Occupational Data Environment (UK)
- Geoscience Data Evaluation System
- Geodesy Information System (Germany)
- Global Explosive Ordnance Disposal Services (Netherlands)
- Geological Engineering
- Global Environmental and Outdoor Education Council (Canada)
- Governor’s Emergency Operations Executive Council (California)
- Geochemical Evaluation Report (energy exploration)
- Grupo Especial de Operaciones Federales (Argentinian Federal Police Swat Group)
- Geological Finite Element Synthesis Tool
- Geographic Location File
- Geological & Formation Evaluation Report (energy exploration)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ground-based Electro-optical Deep Space Surveillance System (GEODSS) is a network that uses powerful telescopes, low-light cameras and computers -- instead of radars -- to detect, track and report man-made objects in deep space.
The command develops, acquires, fields and sustains the Air Force Satellite Control Network, Upgraded Early Warning Radar System, Defense Satellite Communications System, Wideband Global SATCOM Satellite, Defense Support Program, Space Based Infrared Systems, Global Positioning System, Milstar, Advanced Extremely High Frequency Satellite, Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance System, PAVE Phased Array Warning System radar, Delta IV and Atlas V.
Deep STARE will upgrade the Air Force's Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance System (GEODSS), which tracks satellites orbiting at altitudes above 22,000 miles, beyond where most radar can see.
The Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance System (GEODSS) tracks satellites orbiting at altitudes above 22,000 miles, beyond where most radars can see.