government watches day and night by employing the latest military surveillance equipment ranging from fixed and mobile camera towers, UAVs, Areostat balloon systems, ground surveillance radar, seismic sensors, and helicopters.
What does GSR stand for?
GSR stands for Ground Surveillance Radar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GSR
We have 140 other meanings of GSR in our Acronym Attic
- Government Social Research (UK)
- Government Spares Release
- Government Synthetic Rubber
- Graduate Student Researcher
- Grand Sierra Resort (Nevada)
- Grand Sport Racing
- Grand Sport Rally (Acura)
- Great Southern Railway
- Grissom Sara Romance (TV show)
- Groninger Studenten Roeivereniging (Dutch: Groninger Student Rowing Club; Groningen, Netherlands)
- Group Service Representative
- Group Strategic Review
- Guaranteed Service Refund (UPS)
- Guest Service Representative
- Gun Shot Residue (forensics)
- German Shepherd Rescue of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Galactic Socialist Republic of Arenumberg
- Gas Supply Realignment Adjustment
- Gateway Slot Racing Association
- Gem State Rabbit Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Northrop Grumman is also the prime contractor for the NATO AGS system and will provide and initially maintain five Block 40 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft equipped with an advanced ground surveillance radar sensor - the Multi-Platform Radar Technology Insertion Programme (MP-RTIP), which is capable of detecting and tracking moving objects as well as providing radar imagery of target locations and stationary objects.
The package includes the establishment of a 17-billion-dollar Alliance Ground Surveillance system, in which NATO countries will purchase five Block 40 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft equipped with an advanced ground surveillance radar sensor as well as the associated command and control base stations.
As per the deal, FLIR will offer ground surveillance radars and thermal and CCD images while Sonardyne will offer Sentinel IDS intruder detection sonar.
Pilots approaching a runway equipped with Runway Status Lights will see red lights illuminated if the airport's ground surveillance radar detects traffic on or approaching that runway.
Various sensors can monitor chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear agents, as well as CCTV, access control, and ground surveillance radar.
The collection assets include Prophets (MLQ-40s), ground surveillance radars (GSRs) and Traffic Jammers (TLQ-17s).
MSTAR is low-power ground surveillance radar that provides wide area coverage in all weather conditions, night or day, to a maximum range of 25 miles.