It considers in detail the SPOT series of satellites and sensors with a ground sample distance (GSD) of less than 15m, operational since SPOT 1 and particularly the commercial sensors launched since 1999 with GSD of less than 1m.
What does GSD stand for?
GSD stands for Ground Sample Distance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSD
We have 149 other meanings of GSD in our Acronym Attic
- Government Support Date
- Graduate School of Design
- Grain Size Distribution
- Grandview School District (Grandview, WA)
- Granite State Destroyer
- Graphical Situation Display
- Graphics Systems Division
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve
- Green Screen of Death
- Greenfield School District (Wisconsin)
- Ground Scale Distance
- Ground Slant Distance
- Guide Star Determination
- Gulfport School District (Gulfport, MS)
- Gundam Seed Destiny (anime)
- Glycogen-Storage Disease Type I
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type II (Pompe Disease)
- Gurasich Spence Darilek & McClure (advertising agency)
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type 0
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Exelis-built imaging payload for GeoEye-2 includes a telescope, sensor subsystem and outer barrel assembly and has the potential to capture panchromatic ground sample distance imagery of the Earth's surface at 0.
Among the primary products to be delivered from the CARTERRA San Francisco(tm) project are panchromatic digital orthophotos at one-meter ground sample distance (GSD), processed to meet U.