Harris ground data processing systems consist of complex suites of hardware and software that receive sensor data from satellites and process it into useable environmental parameters under stringent timelines, turning the data into useable information.
What does GDPS stand for?
GDPS stands for Ground Data Processing System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GDPS
We have 2 other meanings of GDPS in our Acronym Attic
- Gross Domestic Product Purchasing Power Parity
- Global Defense Posture Realignment (US DoD Transformation Plan)
- Graduate Degree Progress Report (Southern Methodist University; Texas)
- Grateful Dread Public Radio (Baltimore, MD internet public radio station)
- Gross Domestic Product per Region
- Group of Deputy Permanent Representatives (on the public disclosure of NATO documents)
- Global Donor Platform for Rural Development (Germany)
- Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex (IBM)
- Glasgow Drug Problem Service (est. 1994; Scotland, UK)
- Global Data Processing System
- Guide for Design of Pavement Structures (American Association of State and Highway Transportation Officials)
- Gel-Diffusion Precipitin Test
- General Department of Post and Telecommunications (Vietnam)
- Gia Dinh Phat Tu (Vietnamese Buddhist organization)
- Gun Director Pointer Trainer (US Navy)
- Georgetown Divide Public Utility District (California)
- Gross Domestic Product Volume
- Good Die Per Wafer (semiconductor manufacturing)
- Gross Die Per Wafer
- Guam Department of Public Works
Samples in periodicals archive:
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) performed a precise calibration of the SRTM data and completed development of the Ground Data Processing System.
While at Hughes he supported a number of new business initiatives to reuse a remote sensing ground data processing system (ECS) developed under an $800 million contract to NASA.