AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2011 M2 COMMUNICATIONS ViaSat Inc (Nasdaq:VSAT) announced on Tuesday that it has been awarded contracts valued at approximately USD40m by aircraft manufacturer Boeing (NYSE:BA) to develop a ground based beam forming (GBBF) system for the Mexican Satellite System (MEXSAT).
What does GBBF stand for?
GBBF stands for Ground Based Beam Forming (mobile satellite communications)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GBBF
We have 1 other meaning of GBBF in our Acronym Attic
- Georgian Bay British Car Club (est. 2006; Collingwood, Ontario, Canada)
- Greater Baltimore Black Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Boston Buddhist Cultural Center (est. 1999; Boston, MA)
- Gebäude Bausanierung und Bio Energie GmbH (German: Building Restoration and Renovation and Bio Energy Ltd.)
- Genetics, Bacteriology, Biotechnology and Embryology
- Great Blood Bowl Exhibition (French game)
- Greater Barrie Business Enterprise Centre (Canada)
- Geographic-Based Bloom Filter (algorithm)
- Governor's Books from Birth Foundation (Nashville, TN)
- Great British Beer Festival (annual beer festival held in London UK)
- Ghana Bodybuilders and Fitness Association
- Galtee Bee Breeding Group (Ireland)
- Generic Business Behaviour Guideline (South Africa)
- Grand Bazaar Bernard Grancher (France)
- Great Black Backed Gull
- Green Bay Botanical Garden (Green Bay, Wisconsin)
- Group B Beta Hemolytic Streptococcus
- Guinness Book of British Hit Singles
- Gist-Brocades/Bio-Intermediair (Dutch fermentation company)
- Government Broadband Index (Economist Intelligence Unit)
Samples in periodicals archive:
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2011 M2 COMMUNICATIONS ViaSat Inc (Nasdaq:VSAT) announced on Tuesday that it has been awarded contracts valued at approximately USD40m by aircraft manufacturer Boeing (NYSE:BA) to develop a ground based beam forming (GBBF) system for the Mexican Satellite System (MEXSAT).
NASDAQ: VSAT) has been awarded contracts valued at approximately $40 million by Boeing (NYSE: BA) to develop a ground based beam forming (GBBF) system for the Mexican Satellite System (MEXSAT).
Space Systems/Loral's Executive Program Director for ICO, Greg Bossert, added, "The ICO satellite which employs an advanced MSS payload with Ground Based Beam Forming is now moving on to the vibration testing phase and final performance verification in preparation for our scheduled launch later this year.
Space Systems/Loral, working with Hughes Network Systems, has developed a two-way ground based beam forming technology that enables the satellite to reallocate resources based on demand, thereby maximizing capacity.
The contract with Boeing also provides for the delivery of the related ground based beam forming system and other ground design elements, to provide the most advanced beam forming flexibility and interference cancellation unprecedented in commercial satellite systems.