The FastOcean system is the only multi-wavelength Fast Repetition Rate fluorometer for use both in the laboratory and in situ for real-time estimation of gross primary productivity.
What does GPP stand for?
GPP stands for Gross Primary Productivity
This definition appears very rarely
See other definitions of GPP
We have 194 other meanings of GPP in our Acronym Attic
- Graduate Partnership Program
- Grains per Panicle
- Grains per Pound
- Graphics Performance Primitives (Intel)
- Gravestone Photo Project (software)
- Great Point Partners (Greenwich, CT)
- Greater Plutonio Project
- Green Plant Phylogeny (research project)
- Green Power Partnership (US EPA)
- Green Procurement Program
- Group Pension Plan
- Group Policy Preference (software)
- Group Practice Physicians (American Medical Association)
- Group Practice Prepayment (health care)
- Group Purchase Program (various companies)
- Guaranteed Prize Pool (gambling)
- Guidelines for Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practices (International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology)
- Gujarat Parivartan Party (political party; India)
- General-Purpose Processor Architecture
- Georgia Peanut Producers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Specifically, Gross Primary Productivity (GPP), Net Productivity (NP), Hourly Respiration Rate (HRR), and Respiration (R) were calculated for each day.
Gross primary productivity was greatest near the head of the estuary where freshwater input, and consequently nutrient input, was the strongest and decreased towards the mouth of the estuary, where tidal flushing reduces nutrient concentrations and hence productivity.