There are a few methods to obtain gross Heating Value of natural gas.
What does GHV stand for?
GHV stands for Gross Heating Value (relationship between volume and corresponding amount of energy for gas)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GHV
We have 2 other meanings of GHV in our Acronym Attic
- Goth Help Us
- God Hates Us All (music album)
- God Help Us All
- Golden Horseshoe Umpires' Association (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Goldenberg, Hehmeyer, Unicom Japan, Inc. (various locations)
- Guam Housing and Urban Renewal Authority
- Gloucester Heritage Urban Regeneration Company (UK historical protection organization)
- Generated-Hypothesis-Verifying (medical education)
- Genesis Health Ventures, Inc.
- Greater Hudson Valley Consulting, LLC (Suffern, NY)
- Greatest Hits Volume One
- Greatest Hits Volume 2
- Grand Hotel Van Cleef (indie music label)
- Golden Horseshoe Venture Forum (Canada)
- Greater Hamilton Volunteer Firefighters Association (Canada)
- Guitar Hero: Van Halen (video game)
- Genesis Health Ventures, Inc. (Kennett Square, PA)
- Global Hudson Valley Initiative (New York)
- Greater Hudson Valley Multiple Listing Service (New York)
- Grampian Hearing Voices Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
In connection with this effort, SLNG submitted a pro forma gas tariff that included a requirement that, among other things, LNG tendered to the terminal must be merchantable, it must have a gross heating value that is not less than 1,000 Btu/cf and not greater than 1,075 Btu/cf, and it must contain no more than 3% by volume of carbon dioxide or nitrogen or 1% by volume of oxygen.
One of the more important factors in determining interchangeability relates to the gross heating value (GHV) of the vaporized LNG when compared to the GHV of typical domestic pipeline gas.