Belgacom has set up a new, green data center for its business clients in Brussels.
What does GDC stand for?
GDC stands for Green Data Center (New York)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GDC
We have 206 other meanings of GDC in our Acronym Attic
- Government Degree College (India)
- Government Directed Change
- Govinda Dasa College (Surathkal, Mangaluru, Karnataka, India)
- Grand Director of Ceremonies (Masonry)
- Grandes Distillerie de Charleroi (Belgian distillery)
- Grant Development Center
- Graphic Display Calculator
- Graphic Display Console
- Gravity Discovery Centre (Australia)
- Greater DC Cares, Inc (District of Columbia)
- Green Density Council
- Green Design Center, Inc. (Wisconsin)
- Green Draft Copy
- Gregorie Douglas Group (Charleston, SC)
- Gross Dealer Concession (finance, investments)
- Group Death Claim (insurance)
- Group Decision Center (various organizations)
- Group Duty Clerk
- Groupement de Droit Comparé (French: Group of Comparative Law)
- Groupement pour le Développement de la Coiffure (French: Group for the Development of Hair)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other key features that distinguish this Green Data Center are its adherence to the latest design guidelines such as ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers) for cooling compliance, NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) for Fire and Security compliances, TIA 942 (Telecommunication Industry Association) for Data Centers and SMACNA (Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association) guidelines for improved indoor air quality.
According to a recent "Green Data Centers" report by Pike Research, the global market for green data centers will grow from $17 billion this year to $45 billion by 2016.
Recently, Syracuse University opened its Green Data Center, which includes 12 Capstone Hybrid UPS microturbines that provide power to the entire facility.
Part I looks at IT data center economic and environmental issues, and defines what constitutes a green data center.
have announced the findings of its 2009 Green IT Report, a follow up to the Green Data Center report released in late 2007.
Finally, the respondents indicated that while they are pursuing green data center initiatives, they are doing so primarily based on cost benefits.
APC has developed a variety of Web-based tools that allow data center professionals to experiment with numerous "what if" scenarios for green data center concept and design development.