The horizontal segment lies inferior to the geniculate ganglion and posteromedial to the eustachian tube and the greater superficial petrosal nerve.
What does GSPN stand for?
GSPN stands for Greater Superficial Petrosal Nerve (skull)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSPN
We have 1 other meaning of GSPN in our Acronym Attic
- Gao's Stripping Pelvic Lymphadenectomy (surgical oncology)
- Greenville Shaw Public Library (Greenville, ME)
- Gujarat State Petronet Ltd. (energy transportation)
- Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- General Secretion Pathway M (protein)
- Graduate School of Political Management
- Growling Sound of Pale Machine
- Gujarat State Plastic Manufacturing Association (est. 1970)
- Golden State Physicians Medical Group (Sacramento, CA)
- Generalized Stochastic Petri Net
- Global Software Publishing North America
- Golden State Pops Orchestra (Los Angeles, CA)
- Graduate Students Physics Organization (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
- Golden State Peace Officers Association
- Global Satellite Positioning Tool
- Georgia School of Professional Psychology (Atlanta, GA)
- Goldman School of Public Policy (UC Berkeley)
- Graduate School and Professional Programs
- Graduate School of Professional Psychology
- Graduate School Preparation Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
In House's report in 1961, he described a method of using the facial hiatus and greater superficial petrosal nerve as landmarks.
Furthermore, posterior transposition requires severing the chorda tympani and greater superficial petrosal nerves, which results in transient dysgeusia and an ipsilateral dry eye.