ISTANBUL, Nov 27, 2010 (TUR) -- Turkish State Minister Mehmet Aydin said on Friday that Alliance of Civilizations project was not a part of Greater Middle East Initiative, as it was claimed.
What does GMEI stand for?
GMEI stands for Greater Middle East Initiative
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GMEI
- Greater Middletown Economic Development Corporation (est. 2003; Dauphin County, Pennsylvania)
- Greater Manchester Economic Development Plan (UK)
- Goldmine Enterprise Edition (software)
- Gruppo Misure Elettriche Elettroniche (Italian: Association of Electrical and Electronic Measurements; Milan, Italy)
- Guangxi Mechanical and Electrical Equipment Corp. (China)
- Greater Manchester eGovernment Partnership (UK)
- Global Ministerial Environment Forum
- Green Municipal Enabling Fund (Canada)
- Green Mountain Eco Homes (Colchester, VT)
- Graduate Medical Education, Inc. (East Lansing, MI)
- Groupe de Météorologie Expérimentale et Instrumentale
- Gulf of Mexico Estuarine Inventory (study)
- Guided-Mode Extracted Integral Equation
- Graduate Medical Education Information System (University of Texas Science Center; Houston, TX)
- Generated Minimum Equipment List
- Give Me Every Little Thing (song; Juan Maclean)
- General Memory
- Glasgow Minimum Essential Medium (cell cultures)
- Glioma-Mesenchymal Extracellular Matrix
- General Motors Electro-Motive Division
Samples in periodicals archive:
In February 2004, shortly after President Bush made an early announcement of the Greater Middle East Initiative (GMEI) in his State of the Union address, Ben 'Ali paid a visit to the White House and offered assistance.
The agenda of the WEF Sharm el-Sheihk gathering of political, business, and financial elites was aimed at advancing the Greater Middle East Initiative (GMEI) announced by the Bush administration in June 2004 before the G-8 Summit.
Oil Prices Will Be Higher Soon NICOSIA - With President Bush's Greater Middle East Initiative having been rebranded as the Partnership for Progress and a Common Future with the Region of the Broader Middle East and North Africa, the American leader must know why under him the US has lost the trust of most Arab rulers.
The economic talks will be followed by discussions on reform proposals envisaged by Washington for the broader Middle East and North Africa, previously known as the Greater Middle East Initiative.
Bush had hoped that his Greater Middle East initiative would be seen as a bold and welcome expansion of the successful effort to topple the Taliban in Afghanistan and overthrow Saddam Hussein's dictatorship in Iraq.
On the US Greater Middle East Initiative (GMEI) to democratise the region's countries, Assad says: "We are all (states of the region) being pressed on the issue and constantly.
The issue was the Greater Middle East Initiative (GMEI) to democratise a region stretching from Turkey to the Indian Ocean and from Central Asia to the Atlantic, which was presented by US President George W.