QUIZ CHALLENGE: 1 Shock absorber; 2 Two; 3 Ichor; 4 As John Steed's (Patrick MacNee) crime-fighting partner in The Avengers; 5 The Greater London Council (GLC).
What does GLC stand for?
GLC stands for Greater London Council
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GLC
We have 174 other meanings of GLC in our Acronym Attic
- Graduate Loan Center (Chicago, IL)
- Graphic Logic Controller (computer displays)
- Gravity Induced Loss of Consciousness
- Great Lakes Centers for Occupational and Environmental Health
- Great Lakes Central (railroad)
- Great Lakes College (Michigan)
- Great Lakes Commission des Grands Lacs (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Great Lakes Conference (various organizations)
- Great Lakes Crossing (Michigan)
- Great Little Car (Mazda model introduced in 1977)
- Greater Louisville Classic (sports; Louisville, KY)
- Green Lantern Corps (DC Comics)
- Green Light Committee (various organizations)
- Greyhound Lines Canada
- Ground Level Concentration
- Ground Level Conditions
- Group Learning Centre
- Group Logistic Coordinator
- Guiding Light Church (Birmingham, AL)
- Gag Liquid Chromatography and Electron Capture Detection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reference has been made to London, and this reminds me of the sudden internal change in leader at the Greater London Council, which resulted in years of political distrust in that area to this day.
Despite the barbs, Mr Livingstone was applauded by Assembly Members as he returned to power in London, 14 years after the abolition of the Greater London Council.
00 Paperback LB3219 An intrepid team of researchers produced this volume for English Heritage and the Greater London Council.
Gill Ross received the payment from her husband's former employer Greater London Council.
As Desmond Plummer, he became the first Conservative to run London since 1934 when the party won the Greater London Council elections in a landslide in 1967.
The bill in 1975 was Greater London and the six metropolitan counties because I then worked for the Greater London Council, which was abolished by the Thatcher government.
She worked closely with the Metropolitan police while she was BME mental health service improvement lead at the Greater London Council, and says some of her "most inspiring conversations" about reform have been with Met officers.