We believe school breakfast is a critical tool in addressing hunger," said Kate Maehr, Co-Chair of the Illinois Commission to End Hunger and Executive Director and CEO of the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
What does GCFD stand for?
GCFD stands for Greater Chicago Food Depository
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GCFD
- German Canadian Football Club (UK)
- Grand Cathay Futures Corporation (est. 1993; Taiwan)
- Grand Couronne Football Club (French sports club)
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission (Cleveland, OH)
- Guild of Canadian Film Composers
- Greater Columbia Fantasy Costumers Guild (Columbia, MD)
- Gulf Coast Fisheries Coordination Office (Ocean Springs, MS)
- Gulf Coast Fellowship for Community Transformation (Slidell, LA)
- Galveston County Federal Credit Union
- Glynn County Fire Department (Glynn County, GA)
- Guilderland Center Fire District (New York)
- Grenville Community Futures Development Corporation (Prescott, Ontario, Canada)
- Gifted Child Follows Dream Despite Parental Opposition (movie plot)
- Graduate Centre for Europe (Birmingham, UK)
- Gamma Contamination Food Factor
- Georgia Christian Film Festival (Griffin, GA)
- Global Chinese Financial Forum (bilingual, Chinese/English, function; North America)
- Gold Coast Film Festival (Australia)
- Greater Cleveland Fire Fighters Credit Union
- Generalized Context-Free Grammar (linguistics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I am honored that the GPA team had the chance to again contribute to the wonderful work that the Greater Chicago Food Depository does for the community.
DLA Piper lawyers support numerous food banks through leadership positions and charitable work, including William Rudnick, co-managing partner of the firm s Chicago office, who has served as chairman of the boards of Feeding America, the Greater Chicago Food Depository and the Global FoodBanking Network.
CHICAGO -- UnitedHealthcare has donated $10,000 to the Greater Chicago Food Depository to aid in the fight against hunger.
The Greater Chicago Food Depository and Chicago Public Schools teamed up on Healthy Kids Markets, or food pantries located in schools, to provide nutritious food to students and their families who may not be able to visit a traditional food pantry due to work hours or location.
CANstruction[R] has been a fixture within the events of the Greater Chicago Food Depository the past five years and celebrates the talents of local architecture, engineering and construction companies, while filling the food bank with thousands of pounds of food.
The Greater Chicago Food Depository recently launched the fourth annual Hunger Knows No Season promotion, in which members of the food industry--grocers and food manufacturers--come together to help fight hunger in the Chicago area.
In 2011, the company raised more than $36,500 for the Greater Chicago Food Depository and also supported numerous other charities in Chicago, Washington, D.