Stephens came to Mission through a California welfare-to-work program, Greater Avenues to Independence, or GAIN, and initially was enrolled in short-term vocational courses, such as office computer programs.
What does GAIN stand for?
GAIN stands for Greater Avenues to Independence
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GAIN
We have 82 other meanings of GAIN in our Acronym Attic
- Global Aid Network (Campus Crusade for Christ)
- Global Airline Inventory Network (Boeing)
- Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition
- Global Analysis Information Network
- Global Auditing Information Network
- Global Automation Information Network
- Government Accountability & Information Network
- Graphic Arts Information Network
- Great Ape Information Network (National Institute of Genetics; Japan)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (Welfare to Work Program)
- Greenwood Aurora Involved Neighbors (Seattle, WA)
- Gallium Indium Phosphide
- GPS Aided Inertial Navigation Reference
- Gender Awareness Information and Networking System (UN)
- Ghana Agricultural Information Network System (est. 1991; Ghana)
- Global Air-Ocean In-Situ System (environmental observation project)
- Global Avian Influenza Network for Surveillance
- GPS (Global Positioning System) Aided Inertial Navigation System (various organizations)
- Growth And Income Securities
- Guaranteed Annual Income System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the Los Angeles Greater Avenues to Independence (LA GAIN) program, MAXIMUS provides welfare case management services in two of the seven County Department of Public Social Services regions.
The program is modeled after Greater Avenues to Independence, a similar program for people receiving benefits through Aid to Families with Dependent Children.