describes the Russian military campaigns of 1719-1721 and examines their contribution to the ending of the Great Northern War.
What does GNW stand for?
GNW stands for Great Northern War (1700-1721)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GNW
We have 7 other meanings of GNW in our Acronym Attic
- Guru Nanak Vidyak Society (India)
- Gauteng North Veterans Tennis Association (South Africa)
- Global Nomads Virtual Village
- Garber Net Works (Altoona/Blair County, PA)
- General Nuclear War
- Genworth Financial (stock symbol)
- Georgia Native Wildlife
- God Knows Why
- Good News Week (TV show)
- Grace Not Works (website)
- Great Northwest
- Greenbrier Neighborhood Watch
- Greene-Nijenhuis-Wilf (Hook Walk Algorithm in combinatorics)
- Greenwich Nat West (Connecticut)
- Guns 'n' Wankers (band)
- Grampian Neighbourhood Watch Association (UK)
- Grand National Waterfowl Association (Cambridge, MD)
- Great Northern Way Campus (Vancouver, British Columbia; Canada)
- Good News Web Designers Association
- German Netwar Forces (gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It comprises a solid introduction and an appropriate conclusion, as well as eight chapters devoted to details about Royal Prussia: origin, urban life, myth and historical identity, political identity and liberty, loyalty in times of warfare, development of rival Prussian identities, effects of the Great Northern War, and characteristics of the Royal Prussian Enlightenment.
Among the museum's treasures is a unique collection of war trophies - flags and banners, musical instruments, and weaponry - captured by Sweden during the 30 Years War and the Great Northern War of the 17th century.