The Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission has issued consumption advisories for Ojibwe tribal members in the northern Great Lakes region to eat no more than four meals per month of walleye, a fish that commonly has concentrations of potentially harmful methylmercury.
What does GLIFWC stand for?
GLIFWC stands for Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Greater Long Island Dental Meeting (New York)
- General Ledger Information Entity
- Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research (University of Winsdor; Windsor, Ontario, Canada)
- Genealogies of Long Island Families (book)
- Global Lambda Integrated Facility
- Guided Lateral Interbody Fusion (Alphatec Spine)
- GuideLine Interchange Format
- GuideLine Interchange Format version 3
- Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies (Washington, DC)
- Great Lakes Indoor Football League (sports)
- Government Libraries and Information Group (Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals; UK)
- Great Lakes Insurance Group Agency
- Great Lakes International Gang Investigators Coalition
- Great Lakes International Imaging and Flow Cytometry Association (microscopy)
- Gays and Lesbians for Individual Liberty
- Great Lakes Indian Law Center (University of Wisconsin Law School)
- Generalized Linear Interactive Modeling (statistical analysis program)
- Generalized Linear Modeling
- Graphical Languages in Mathematics (Australian Research Council)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management (Chennai, India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tribes in the Great Lakes basin argue that they have been excluded from the drafting process of the agreements, says Ann McCammon-Soltis, a policy analyst with the Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission.
5 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Midwest states and the Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission have received funding from the Great Lakes-Big Rivers Region of the U.