Unlike the material on their eponymous debut, which was largely recorded in nomadic fashion while Colin Huebert and Erik Arnesen toured as members of their former band Great Lake Swimmers, most of the tunes on Keep Away The Dead were born in the studio.
What does GLS stand for?
GLS stands for Great Lake Swimmers (band)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GLS
We have 178 other meanings of GLS in our Acronym Attic
- Global Logistics System
- Gnome Land Security (World of Warcraft Alliance guild)
- GNSS Landing System
- Good Luck Selling
- GoodLink Server
- Government Launch Services
- GPS Landing System
- Grace Lutheran School
- Graduate Liberal Studies (various schools)
- Grand Luxo Super
- Great Lord Scepter (gaming)
- Greg Larson Sports (Texas)
- Grid Location Service (routing)
- Ground Launch Sequencer (NASA)
- Guest Lecturer Series (various organizations)
- Gust Load Alleviation
- Guy L Steele (Jargon File author)
- Great Lakes Search & Rescue of Michigan
- Gay Law Students Association
- General Ledger Subsidiary Account
Samples in periodicals archive:
She has guested on numerous other artists' recordings, a list which includes Neko Case, The Great Lake Swimmers and Bruce Cockburn.
CLEAR LAKE SWIMMERS Lost Channels ( Nettwerk) CANADIAN countryfolkies Great Lake Swimmers are one of Robert Plant's favourite bands.
Great Lake Swimmers are touring the UK to promote their third album, Ongiara, which is inspired by Canada's majestic natural environment.