Introduction Dry storms and associated lightning on 30 November 2006 across the Great Dividing Range in Victoria ignited 66 fires that were detected between 1 and 4 December 2006.
What does GDR stand for?
GDR stands for Great Dividing Range
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GDR
We have 66 other meanings of GDR in our Acronym Attic
- Good Detection Rate
- Good Dirt Radio
- Gradual Dose Reduction (drugs)
- Graduate Department of Religion
- Grant, Deny, Revoke (SQL Server)
- Graph Drawing (Visualization Tool for Graph Algorithms)
- Graves Development Resources (Omaha, Nebraska)
- Great Divide Race
- Great Divide Ride
- Great Divide Route
- Greatful Dread Radio (Baltimore, Maryland community radio)
- Grin, Duck, Run
- Ground Data Reduction
- Ground Segment Design Report (ADEOS-II)
- Group Delay Ripple
- Group Detail Report (various companies)
- Groupe de Recherche (French: Research Group)
- Groupement de Recherche sur la Supersymétrie (French research network)
- Groupement de Recherche A Ménagement des Usages des Ressources et des Ecosystèmes marins et littoraux (French: Regulation of the Uses of Marine and Coastal Resources and Ecosystems
- Groupe de Recherche Modelisation, Analyse et Conduite des Systemes Dynamiques (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some of Brisbane's inundation was related to flash floods that hammered towns high in the Great Dividing Range into a disaster zone, following months of heavy rains blamed on the La Nina weather phenomenon.
Wolgan Valley is on Australia's Great Dividing Range between two national parks, and borders the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area forming the centrepiece for unique experiences and insights into Australia's wildlife, history and cultural heritage.
A general trend of declining rainfall to the west exists, and the Great Dividing Range plays a significant local climatic role.
The Great Dividing Range, which separates the eastern coast of Australia from the rest of the country, has been the traditional habitat for most of Australia's koalas, but it is now threatened by urban and agricultural sprawl.
Nature unfolds the magic of Australia's eastern seaboard - the rolling blue waters of the Pacific lapping stark white beaches, while rainforests, cane fields and banana plantations evaporate into the haze of the Great Dividing Range.
This gave us dazzling seascapes at the start and finish, with the panoramas of the Great Dividing Range sandwiched in between.
The seven-day ride starts in Canberra and goes through national parks, along the coastline of superb beaches and through the hills of the Great Dividing Range, before finishing in the heart of Sydney.