Great Black Backed Gull off Bardsey Picture: BEN PORTER THERE was a time when keen birders would be dedicated to their Year List, trying to see at least 300 species in a year.
What does GBBG stand for?
GBBG stands for Great Black Backed Gull
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GBBG
We have 2 other meanings of GBBG in our Acronym Attic
- Great Blood Bowl Exhibition (French game)
- Greater Barrie Business Enterprise Centre (Canada)
- Geographic-Based Bloom Filter (algorithm)
- Governor's Books from Birth Foundation (Nashville, TN)
- Great British Beer Festival (annual beer festival held in London UK)
- Ground Based Beam Forming (mobile satellite communications)
- Ghana Bodybuilders and Fitness Association
- Galtee Bee Breeding Group (Ireland)
- Generic Business Behaviour Guideline (South Africa)
- Grand Bazaar Bernard Grancher (France)
- Green Bay Botanical Garden (Green Bay, Wisconsin)
- Group B Beta Hemolytic Streptococcus
- Guinness Book of British Hit Singles
- Gist-Brocades/Bio-Intermediair (Dutch fermentation company)
- Government Broadband Index (Economist Intelligence Unit)
- Grace Baptist Bible Institute (Ohio)
- Greater Baltimore Bus Initiative
- Gujarat Brethren Bible Institute (India)
- Guardians Ng Bayan Brotherhood International Incorporated (Philippine Military and Civilian Brotherhood)
- Great Bit Bucket in the Sky (computer slang phrase/alias for /dev/null)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The numbers of great black backed gulls and herring gulls have also dropped, but again it could be down to the survey method or because of the geese.
It got at least 200m out over the sea before it saw the error of its ways and headed back to the coastline, only to be mobbed by two great black backed gulls, as it searched for a landing site.